The HPAE Local 5094 Negotiating Committee is pleased to announce that our contract has been ratified with 94% approval – 154 members voting yes, 8 members voting no, and 2 blank ballots. This was a tough fight for our committee members, yet we held firm to gain these wins and over 50% of our membership showed up to support this contract. The full agreement and this summary may be found on our website. The following issues were addressed in the new agreement:
- New language to prohibit management from using mandatory overtime as a staffing tool in the event of chronic staffing challenges.
- Clarification of the language used by our members to request that their salaries be adjusted when they are required to either work outside of their job classification or have a substantial increase in their job responsibilities.
- Performance evaluations will be changed from a 5 to 3 level rating system as well as an unsatisfactory score now treated as a written warning in lieu of suspension vs. a final warning.
- Strengthened the role of the Labor and Management Committee to include that we will meet with management at least 4 times per year to discuss any workplace issues as well as any other issues which have a direct impact on retention.
- Almost 1/3 of the titles within our Local will receive a Market Rate Analysis to address the disparities of pay that currently exist throughout our membership. Affected titles are Laboratory titles beginning 6/1/22, including but not limited to: Medical Technologist, Blood Bank Technologist, Histotechnologist, Cytotechnologist, Assistant Coordinator, and Pathologist Assistant. Affected titles beginning 1/1/23 are Senior Respiratory Therapist, Audiologist, and all HMIS/IST titles, including but not limited to: User Support Specialist, Programmer Analyst, Senior Web Applications Developer, Data Base Analyst, and IST Analyst. Each review will be completed within 6 months of the above start dates, and a report will be provided to the Union.
- 3-year contract with wage increases as follows: Year 1 [3%] , Year 2 [2.5%], Year 3 [3%]
As always, if you would like more information on how you can participate or any other issue, please contact your local union rep – contact information can be found on our website at http://5094uhhpae.org – or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
HPAE 5094 UH Negotiations Committee
Ryan Novosielski, Roshni Danak, Carmen Vincenty, Jack Luftman, Olivia Valentino-Davis, Esther Barney