Reminder that the PTO request open period ends on February 28th. Some things to keep in mind as you finalize your requests:
- You can make any PTO request between March 15, 2023 – March 14, 2024 during the request open period.
- Employees are limited to requesting two weeks of PTO during the period of May 1st to September 15th unless you receive written approval by the VP of Nursing.
- Managers should have approvals/denials of PTO requests back to you no later than March 16th.
- The employee with greater seniority shall be granted PTO if all things are equal and there is a conflict for granting requests.
- PTO requests made after February 28th will be considered on a first come, first serve basis.
- Extended PTO requests (entire week) will be given preference to short-term PTO requests (partial week).
- You can always find your own coverage as long as the covering nurse is qualified to work in your area and not subject to premium or overtime pay.
- You can refer to Article 42 Scheduling of our contract if you need further clarification.