HPAE local 5089 Nurses Bargaining Update, Petition, and Membership Meetings – Not to Miss!
After more than a year of negotiations, the current wage proposal from management is as follows:
For employees on steps (Staff Nurses and Nurse Clinicians):
- Year 1 2022 (Union victory we won retro back to expiration)- 2% and a step,
- Year 2 2023- 1.75 and a step,
- Year 3 2024- 1.5 and a step,
- Year 4 2025 – 1.5 a step.
For nurses not on steps:
- Year 1 2022 (Union victory we won retro back to expiration) – 3.5 %,
- Year 2 2023 – 3.25%,
- Year 3 2024 – 1.5%,
- Year 4 2025 – 1.5%
CRNAs – increase to first three steps, no other base raises. Plus, proposed retention and sign on bonuses.
APNs – proposal for an experience-based scale for all APNs.
The wage proposals from management are just too low to accept. Input from membership is crucial! We need your participation in either of the upcoming meetings.
Sign the HPAE 5089 Unity Petition here in support of a strong contract!
Join an upcoming General Membership Meeting taking place on Zoom on
Included in the meeting agenda will be
- Staff Nurse Wage increases that create equity with current market value
- Job Security
- Improved Staffing
- Notice of Weingarten Rights in investigatory settings
- Improved process for Rutgers Pay Errors
- Additional days off and benefit days
- Uniform Allowance
This is our fight to win, be part of making this the best contract possible through your participation.
The HPAE 5089 United Bargaining Team Arlene Cruz, Dawn Yuhas, Donna Nelson-Henry, Francine Pasch, Jen Lerner, Joan Santner, Joe Bentivegna, Khooshbu Patel, Lorna Beaumont, Marilyn Mundy, Marsha Laureano, Dr. Sabrina Brown-Oliver, Susan Anderson, Tara Andino, and Yuk Wong