This is a brief Union Update.
- Differentials: After several months of patience, Our Union has filed a grievance to speed up UMC paying the Preceptor and Weekend Differentials. Even though management has assured us that everyone will be paid, it is your money. Continue to document your time worked. Your bargaining team will keep you posted.
- Scheduling: Last week, your Union settled a grievance with UMC clarifying that Union Nurses have first pick of open shifts and must be notified before agency.
- Local 5107: RNs at Bristol Glen and Pitman are now officially part of HPAE Local 5107. Local 5107 covers many smaller facilities represented by HPAE, including The Phoenix Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, Llanfair House, and the Visiting Nurse associations of Englewood and Essex County. Your local President is Abdul Umoru. Your local Secretary-Treasurer is Patricia Graziano. Each group also elects a Vice-President – UMC will have the opportunity to do so soon. Keep an eye on your mailbox.
- Labor-Management Meetings: Part of the process of improving our workplace is quarterly labor-management meetings where we bring large and small concerns to management. each facility may send one representative. Our first Labor management meeting will be in September. If you would like to submit an issue or question, or ae interested in attending, please reply to this email, or contact your Union Rep.
- HPAE Professional Issues Conference: The 2023 HPAE Professional Issues Conference (PIC) will be held on Thursday, October 12, 2023, at the East Brunswick Hilton. We’re back in person for the first Professional Issues Conference in four years, and you’ll be able to earn up to 4.5 contact hours for the conference! The registration fee is only $25 and is reimbursed to HPAE members when you attend. Click here to Register!
- Union Benefits: As a Union Member, you and your family are entitled to a wide range of benefits, scholarships, and discounts through HPAE, AFT, and the AFL-CIO.
HPAE Local 5107