The Labor-Management Committee (LMC) is a monthly meeting where your Union officers bring your concerns to management.
Some Updates from the August LMC Meeting:
1) Overtime in the Lab – When an employee’s shift is up, they may go home. The Supervisor must find coverage or step in.
Employees can’t be written up for leaving after their assigned shift – there is no mandatory overtime at BMC.
The Lab Supervisors have been made to understand this and have been spoken to about offering Incentive Bonuses. Be sure to use the availability book.
2) COVID – Visitors and employees are being reminded to mask. BMC will be testing individuals with symptoms at BMC.
If numbers get higher, management will readjust to stricter policies.
3) Respiratory – HEPA Filter & PFT will be changed ASAP.
4) Safety – Panic buttons have been issued to the ED, The back and front of the ED Nurses station are being enclosed and will latch from the inside, and BMC is installing a sliding door where Doctors sit in the ED. Bayonne P.D. will also be doing more rounding and patrols in the area.
5) Psych/Behavioral Health – has been approved for up to 15 beds for involuntary patients. BMC is going forward with conversions. BMC has agreed to provide additional training and security.
6) PSLF – BMC employees now qualify for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF). Use our Union’s free student debt tool to help calculate what you can save.
7) On September 19th, there will be a Mock Joint Commission Survey.
8) Beginning September 18th, the Gym will be open to all employees. You will need a partner, to do the safety training, and sign a waiver. It is not to be used on work time, and it is highly recommended you shower afterwards before returning to work.
9) Raises – We delivered your petition for a raise for Techs, Clerks, Service, and Professionals to management. Thank you to everyone who added their name!
10) Insurance – BMC is working with brokers to find cheaper options and savings programs. Your Union will monitor this process.
11) Staffing – Management has been successful hiring additional CNAs, OR Techs, LPNs, and RNs.
HPAE-AFT is the largest union of health care professionals in New Jersey. HPAE members include nurses, social workers, therapists, technicians, medical researchers and other healthcare professionals. We work in hospitals, nursing homes, home care agencies, blood banks and university research facilities.
Stay in Touch: If you or someone you know isn’t getting union texts and/or emails, reply to this message and you will be added to the list.
Your Local Union Leadership:
President: Christine Crimaldi – 2R
Vice President: Joan Zitzman – ICU
Vice President: Danielle Hallenbeck – ED
Vice President: Marisol Matteo – OR
Secretary: Mary Ramos – PACU
Treasurer: Sue Sinkiewicz – Respiratory
Grievance Chair: Nanette Rivera – Physical Therapy
Membership Coordinator: Dante Dontia
Your union benefits: