Election Center 2020
On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 voters in New Jersey will go to the polls to elect the Governor, the State Legislators; Senators (40 seats) and Assemblypersons (80 seats), County Commissioners and local candidates.
HPAE has endorsed candidates who are on the side of health care workers and patients; who are committed to putting the health and safety over the financial interests of large healthcare corporations. This is why it is vital for each of us to participate in these important 2022 Elections. This year voters will elect Federal, State and Local candidates.
Debbie White, President of HPAE
Among the issues and votes HPAE members examined were support or opposition of:
- S1083 / A2439: establishes minimum registered professional nurse staffing standards for hospitals and ambulatory surgery facilities and certain DHS facilities.
- S2991/A4803: requires the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management to establish a process to evaluate and approve personal protective equipment (PPE) for use during public health emergencies and requires NJ to create PPE stockpiles for the State.
- Requiring healthcare facilities to produce and implement a pandemic preparedness plan that is reviewed and approved by NJ regulators.
Throughout this election season we hope you will visit Election Center 2021, where you can learn more about:
- Labor Volunteers: Due to Covid-19 our GOTV program has not yet been determined. Watch for updates and opportunities to sign-up to support our 2020 candidates to urge union members to support pro-labor endorsed candidates
To check your voter registration status or to register to vote go to: https://njaflcio.org/cope/
COUNT EVERY VOTE!
After one of the most extraordinary elections in American history, HPAE sends out congratulations to the large slate of candidates that the union endorsed who are the declared victors in national, state and local races in this election cycle.
Are you registered to vote?
For your vote to count on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, New Jersey and Pennsylvania residents should check to see if they are registered and register to vote if they’re not already registered.
NJ’s Largest Health Care Union Releases List of 2020 Endorsed Candidates
These endorsements come after an extensive review of the candidates’ positions and an endorsement was bestowed upon those who expressed or have shown a commitment to supporting the rights of healthcare workers and improving patient safety.
AFT members dive into candidate endorsement process
As the presidential elections inch closer and the field of candidates gets more and more competitive, AFT members are engaging, parsing campaign platforms, asking questions of the candidates, and voicing their priorities as educators...
The false choice over “Medicare for All”
Ask any voter in the country today and they’ll tell you that health care is top of mind. In other developed countries, health care is a basic human right, but in the United States, it’s a commodity...
Statement of HPAE President Debbie White on the 2018 Elections
Healthcare professionals across New Jersey are ready to stand with U.S. Senator Menendez and the newly elected Congressional Representatives...
NJ’s Largest Health Care Union Making a Push to Support Candidates Fighting to Protect Healthcare and Workers’ Rights
With less than a week to Election Day, nurses and health professionals are stepping up their ‘get out the vote’ efforts for candidates committed to fighting for the rights of healthcare workers and patient safety.
Highlighting Menendez’s Incomparable Record, Health Care Workers Back Senator for Re-Election
Flanked by nurses and healthcare workers, U.S. Senator Bob Menendez today underscored his record of fighting to ensure quality, affordable health care to millions of New Jerseyans.
Thats all, folks - no more news!
- AFT Votes
- NJ AFL-CIO Election Resources
- New Jersey Voter Information Portal
- Pennsylvania Department of State - Voting and Elections
- HPAE 2020 COPE Endorsed Candidates
- Register to Vote in NJ
- Register to Vote in PA